At this stage …
Seven- and eight-year-olds are learning machines! They not only understand how money can help them get things they want, they are starting to grasp the bigger picture of where Mom and Dad’s money goes.
- Able to count and make change
- Recognizes the benefits of saving toward a specific goal over a short period of time
- Can approximate what items may cost at the cash register
- Understands that money can be earned by doing work
- Able to name at least one charitable or non-profit organization.